Old June 7th 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Noon-Air

Default So, how do you decide where to buy your gear?

Bert,
Wait for a hamfest to come around, find out what suppliers from out of your
state are supposed to be there, call them and give them your shopping list.
They should have it at the hamfest for you. no shipping, no tax, and the
"discounted" hamfest price. :-)

-n6ojn

"Bert Hyman" wrote in message
(-=H=-) wrote in
:

I bought an Icom 756 Pro 3 earlier this year from Marc's Amateur
Radio in Florida for $2,850 (best price I could find that week).

Now, that's an interesting piece of info because it's the 756ProIII
that I'm looking at.

I'd checked every on-line dealer that I could find and every one that
advertised a price on line (almost all do) showed exactly the same
price of $2999.99, although a few didn't explicitly mention free
shipping.

I'm in no hurry, so I guess I'll search harder :-)

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |