Old October 4th 03, 07:18 PM
Cecil Moore

Walter Maxwell wrote:
Sorry, Cecil, the phase between reflected voltage and current is always 180
degrees, not zero.

Yep, I know better, I just mis-spoke. Did you know that there is no
such convention for light? It's Kirchhoff's current convention that
dictates a 180 degree phase between reflected voltage and reflected
current. EM light doesn't follow Kirchhoff's convention.

For EM light, there is no phase shift in the reflection if the index
of refraction is higher. If the index of refraction is lower, there
is a 180 degree phase shift in both E and H fields.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp