Old June 7th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roy Lewallen

Default H FIELD ANTENNAS?

My reality, and Tom's, fits with the clear explanations in Johnson's
_Antenna Engineering Handbook_ (successor to Jasik); King and Harrison's
_Antennas and Waves_; King, Mimno, and Wing's _Transmission Lines,
Antennas, and Wave Guides_; and undoubtedly others, since it comes from
basic electromagnetic principles.

I explained the nature of the E and H fields from a small loop antenna.
This is the sum of the fields from each part of the loop. It is not
representative of the field in the small region between the wire and
shield of a "shielded" loop, as you seem to be trying to infer.

If you'd spend a fraction of the time studying that you spend
desperately trying to find something wrong with anything Tom says, you'd
have a much better understanding of how antennas work.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Yuri Blanarovich wrote:
"Roy Lewallen" wrote in message
Yuri Blanarovich wrote:
. . .
Roy, 'splain to him about this 1/8 or so thing. He still dungetit.

Tom understands it, but I see you don't quite have a handle on it yet.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

So I "don't get it" because I (and others) see the difference in reality,
when electrostatic shield suppresses the local interference. You explain
behavior of E and H field in the vicinity of antenna but that does not apply
to "W8JI shield is the antenna" and "current at both ends of the loading
coil is always the same".

I will stick to my reality handle, rather than joining scientwist's chorus.

73 Yuri, K3BU