Old October 4th 03, 07:23 PM
Cecil Moore

Reg Edwards wrote:
But where have you hidden this remarkable transmission line which is long
enough to mug and hoodwink so-called SWR meters?

It does not exist! Your argument falls flat at the start.

I don't know the answer to this question but perhaps some lurker does.

On each side of my SWR meter, I have three feet of RG-400 coax. The
spacing between conductors must be about 0.1 inches. With a spacing
of 0.1 inch between conductors in the coax, what length of coax is
required to force a V/I ratio of 50 ohms? The ratio of 3 feet to 0.1
inches is 360. I suspect that three feet is plenty long enough.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp