Old June 8th 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave
David G. Nagel

Default I bought a large capacitance hat for my vertical, but the antennastill gets wet when it rains.

John S. wrote:

Brian Denley wrote:

David G. Nagel wrote:

John S. wrote:

Or looking for a left-handed crescent wrench and fetching a bucket of
prop wash.

The problem with this joke is that the wrench exhists. Handedness in a
wrench is determined by which thumb closes the jaws. Right thumb right
hand wrench, left thumb left handed wrench.

I have a left handed crescent type wrench. Where was it made?
POLAND of course.

Wrench available for inspection.

Dave WD9BDZ

At 23, I took a job as a young engineer at a place that had previously been
a gyroscope manufacturer. As the new guy, they asked my to deliver a
briefcase to the boss' office and (you guessed it) there was a spinning gryo
in the briefcase. I got a big surprise when I tried to turn a corner in the
corrider and the briefcase kept going straight ahead! A great 'new guy'
trick.
--

Or send the new guy in engineering to supply for a pressurized
container of Dihydrogen Monoxide.

Careful that stuff is extremely deadly if inhaled.

Or send the new finance guy to get the difference finder.