Old June 9th 06, 08:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap
clfe

Default Give up CB for ham?

"Tom Ring" wrote in message
.. .
clfe wrote:

Not really, but I'm not in a mood to argue about stupid **** - anymore.
Actually, I could care less. My ham days are few and far in between due
to all the ass holes on there ruining it for the rest of us. Maybe you're
right.......... the code really didn't keep the crud off the radios.
Hell, why even have a test at all.

Time to hang up your ticket I guess. We are all assholes, and you are the
only "true ham radio operator" left. Go play with yourself.

tom
K0TAR

Nah, not all of "us" or "you" in the case of your statement. I'm just saying
a lot of crap is going on - on the bands today and its not worth even
earning a ticket for - anymore. Ham radio and yes, even CB - used to be
respectable at one time. How times change. Its hardly worth turning on the
radio anymore. Especially on say 10 and 80 meters. But back to "your"
statement, there are still "many" decent operators on both the Ham AND CB
bands - out there. Ya just got to pick through the rubble to find them
sometimes.

And NO, I"m not the "ONLY" "TRUE" Operator left........ Don't put words in
my mouth, I certainly didn't place myself on any pedestal. Again - there are
LOTS of decent operators out there. I didn't say "ALL" were bad - but there
are - you have to admit - quite a few bad ones. Its gotten worse in the past
few years.