Old June 9th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jerry

Default Buyer Beware - Cobra Ultralight

"pbourget" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have the Ultralite Senior and am very happy with it. I have it at 30
feet with the ends dropping down about 15 feet since my lot isn't big
enough. I bought it primarily as a local contact antenna since
everything else I have is a vertical of one type or another. It turns
out to work much better than I expected. I have worked the South
Pacific, Europe and Peter One on it with 100 watts. I use the full 100
feet of ladder line it came with to a 4:1 balun through a remote
antenna switch and 50 feet of LMR400 coax. Sometimes it receives better
than my verticals and it almost always is quieter. In fact that is why
I used it for Peter One, I couldn't pick what calls they were coming
back to because of the noise on the vertical and half square. My TS-480
internal tuner tunes it on every band, even 6 meters which there are no
claims for.

Pete W6OP

Jerry wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Yes, the Ultralite Senior is quite effective! Mine is at 60 feet at the
apex and the "Vee" droops down to about 20 or so. I get pretty nice signal
reports both from local and afar. You can't always win 'em all, but when an
antenna works *reasonably* well most anywhere you work, a fella can't ask
for much more! And I am perfectly happy with mine.

73

Jerry
K4KWH