Old June 10th 06, 12:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Dan

Default Note to Kenwood: Please bring back the TS-850s

I don't know where you are getting your reviews, but on e-ham, the TS 2000
is the second most reviewed HF transceiver with 279 reviews and an average
rating of 4.6 out of 5.0. (the Icom 706, all flavors, has the most at 334
reviews.) The TS 850 has 79 reviews with an average of 4.7 out of 5.0. Not
much difference and a much smaller population in the data set. I'd say the
2000 is holding it's own as far as user reviews go.

Oh yeah...Justin Case of WHAT??
"Justin Case" wrote in message

Dear Kenwood,
I've been reading all the reviews on your current ham radios, and
one thing repeatedly comes up in the reviews. The Kenwood TS-450s is
reported to be better than the Kenwood TS-570x, and the Kenwood
TS-850s is reported to be better than the TS-2000. As a matter of
fact many of the reviews have said the TS-2000 is down right deaf when
compared to a Kenwood TS-850s, TS-870s, ICOM 746 Pro, and Yaesu Mark
V. I looked at the Icom radios, but I thought they were ugly. The
Yaesu radios have too many reported trips back to Yaesu repair, the
Ten Tec Orion II is too expensive, so that leaves Kenwood. I can buy
used, but it would be nice to have a new TS-850s. I've got the cash,
the desire, and the will to spend, but you currently don't offer the
radio to get my dollars.

Sincerely,

A U.S. Ham.