Old June 9th 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave
Jimmie D

Default I bought a large capacitance hat for my vertical, but the antenna still gets wet when it rains.

"Dave Oldridge" wrote in message
9...
Jim - NN7K wrote in news:blJhg.19147
:

Reminds me of the time (many years ago), when the
new kid on the gang was ordered to "Wash the
Dishes" (microwave ), on a 150 foot tower ! Kid
decided it was time to quit! Had to
tell him it was a JOKE, or get the WHOLE Gang
in hot water !!! Jim NN7K

Yeah. When I was in the RCAF many years ago, a common thing was to ask a
newbie to go to the tool crib for a bucket of propwash.

--
Dave Oldridge+
ICQ 1800667

When I reached my first duty assignment in the USAF I was sent on a fools
errand to get 1000 yards of flight line. When I got to the place I was
suppose to pick it up I told the guys there that I knew what flightline was
but I had an idea for a joke on the guy that sent me down there.They were
very happy to help. We went out back of the base and loaded up a truck with
rubble from flightline construction then took it back and put it the POV
pickup of they guy who had sent me out. When I went back to the shop I told
him I had the flightline but didnt think I had the thousand yards he had
requested. This got him and everyone else in the shop curious and they all
wanted to see what I had brought back. Thats when I told him to go look in
the back of his pickup.