Old June 10th 06, 02:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Fry

Default FM without 'pink noise'

"Boborato"
I wanna know how can I get the FM signal without that
nasty 'pink' noise. I'm not using any kind of external antenna.

An FM receiver needs a certain minimum level of r-f voltage at its antenna
input terminals to meet its noise performance specification. Stereo mode
requires more r-f than monaural, for the same S/N at the receiver output.

No doubt if you use an antenna capable of giving your receiver the r-f input
signal it needs, your noise level will drop to inaudibility (at least with
normal programming).

RF