Old June 10th 06, 05:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Don M.

Default Note to Kenwood: Please bring back the TS-850s

You failed to mention the Kenwood TS-950SDX.
I have two of these and they out perform my TS-2000
and Icom Pro III, although it is hard to beat the Icom monitor.
KK6J Don

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 02:12:22 GMT, Justin Case
wrote:

Dear Kenwood,
I've been reading all the reviews on your current ham radios, and
one thing repeatedly comes up in the reviews. The Kenwood TS-450s is
reported to be better than the Kenwood TS-570x, and the Kenwood
TS-850s is reported to be better than the TS-2000. As a matter of
fact many of the reviews have said the TS-2000 is down right deaf when
compared to a Kenwood TS-850s, TS-870s, ICOM 746 Pro, and Yaesu Mark
V. I looked at the Icom radios, but I thought they were ugly. The
Yaesu radios have too many reported trips back to Yaesu repair, the
Ten Tec Orion II is too expensive, so that leaves Kenwood. I can buy
used, but it would be nice to have a new TS-850s. I've got the cash,
the desire, and the will to spend, but you currently don't offer the
radio to get my dollars.

Sincerely,

A U.S. Ham.