Old June 10th 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave
New Ham

Default I bought a large capacitance hat for my vertical, but the antenna still gets wet when it rains.

In article .com, wrote:

New Ham wrote:

What good's a hat if it don't keep the antenna dry? I think I'll keep it
though, for some odd reason my SWR's are better.

What are SWR's? Does your antenna have multiple standing wave ratios?
Were they sick? Did they have MPD? Do you SWR's look in the mirror each
morning and say "well, who are we going to be today?"

Does the standing wave ratio own something called "are better"?

Are SWR's related to 73's, and if so does the hat help 73's also? Is
your antenna still a fertile female that gets wet whenever a large
capacitance hat climbs on top?

A local school had "Spelling Award's Day" on a sign out front. When I
saw a pamphlet, it said "Selling Awards' Day".

Maybe it was award's for selling extra 's as a school project
"SWR's" and "73's" , or should I s'ay award's for s'ellin extras'
s'sses ?

73's and Happy SWR's to all,
Tom's

It's a multi-band vertical and every band different Standing Wave Radio's.