Old June 10th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave
Dave

Default I bought a large capacitance hat for my vertical, but the antennastill gets wet when it rains.

Methinks your leg was being pulled.

The SWR with the apostrophe s is a grammatical error. The apostrophe s indicates
that the SWR is possessive, that the SWR owns something; or, that the SWR is
doing something. The apostrophe s is not plural!!

The plural, multiple, SWR is denoted SWRs.

New Ham wrote:

In article .com, wrote:

New Ham wrote:

What good's a hat if it don't keep the antenna dry? I think I'll keep it
though, for some odd reason my SWR's are better.

What are SWR's? Does your antenna have multiple standing wave ratios?
Were they sick? Did they have MPD? Do you SWR's look in the mirror each
morning and say "well, who are we going to be today?"

Does the standing wave ratio own something called "are better"?

SNIPPED