Old June 11th 06, 06:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Reg Edwards

Default FM without 'pink noise'

See Google for the Gaussian Distribution or Function.

It is simple enough : Exp( - x*x ) ).

It occurs throughout Science, Engineering, Medicine, Economics,
Statistics and in all facets of human activities, life on this

Planet
and dead materials.

======================================

Indeed, it is often referred to by statisticians as the "Normal"
statistical distribution function. Why such a simple function should
be so universal is a matter for conjecture.

Unfortunately, elementary statistics and tossing of dice is a much
neglected subject in our schools. Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Russian,
Indian, Central Asian, even Iraqian, Iranian and Palastinian school
children are probably better educated.

The whole of human life is just a matter of chance. I consider myself
to have been very lucky.

Please excuse my computerised wanderings!
----
Reg.