Old June 11th 06, 12:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave
Cecil Moore

Default I bought a large capacitance hat for my vertical, but the antennastill gets wet when it rains.

Dave wrote:
Methinks your leg was being pulled.

The SWR with the apostrophe s is a grammatical error. The apostrophe s
indicates that the SWR is possessive, that the SWR owns something; or,
that the SWR is doing something. The apostrophe s is not plural!!

On the contrary, the plural of the letter A is A's. The plural
of the number 3 is 3's. It's not too much of a stretch to assume
that the plural of SWR is SWR's.

From Webster's: "apostrophe - a make used to indicate ... the
plural of letters or figures."
--