Old June 11th 06, 04:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Tal Greywolf

Default WOW! Sony 2010

Brian Hill wrote:
"Tal Greywolf" wrote in message
Excuse me while I drop this person into my kill file.

*PLONK*

-Tal Greywolf

Greywolf,
That's two fine and wise choices, buying the radio and plonking the idiot.

Thank you. I mostly read the newsgroup and rarely have anything to say,
but this newb just had to get what he deserved. I need to strengthen my
filters here on the group just to weed out the noise and stupidity.

But as I said, I'm quite happy with the Yaesu. It's been a good solid
unit now for the last month, already receiving QSL reports back from
several countries, and I'm sending out almost nightly additional letters
and emails.

Just as a side note: Radio Prague responded to an email report in less
than 10 days, and Voice of Russia replied 9 hours after I sent an email
stating that the report was correct and that a QSL card would be sent
post. It's quite nice to see the stations adapting to use email and web
forms for reception reports.

-Tal