Old July 13th 03, 02:56 PM
Rudi

My first preference would be to mount the HF antenna to a bracket which is
attached to the spare tire mount on the back. That way you could also mount
the HF antenna on one corner and a VHF/UHF antenna on the other. This way
it's convenient to install and service, and doesn't require drilling holes
in your roof. Just make sure you've got a VERY GOOD grounding. Use a wide
braided strap (like engine block ground cable) from the antenna mount to the
nearest vehicle frame bolt.

My second choice would be to use a magmount on the roof. Just make sure
it's the one with 3 pancake magnets to withstand the wind at highway speeds.

Lead the coax and control cables under the vehicle, tie-wrap it inside the
frame, and then up into the driver's area. I'd do the same with the power
cable from the battery (remember a fuse on BOTH power leads) unless you
found a handy plug in the firewall.

"Carol Dumbacher" wrote in message
Thanks for reading.
Anyone have hints or kinks on installing HF in a Honda Odyssey van. I

just
bought a 2003 model and am looking for experiences with antenna placement,
radio locations, and lessons learned about RFI, etc. I plan on using my
FT100D with separation kit and ATAS100 , but any info for various models
will be helpful.
73 es tnx agn,
PD