Old June 11th 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ian White GM3SEK

Default Noise level between two ant types

Cecil Moore wrote:
Ian White GM3SEK wrote:
This makes the choices quite complex, and makes generalization
impossible. Quote an example, and someone else will quote you a
counter-example.

Seems the assertion should be that precipitation noise
can exist on some antennas but not on others.

Living in this climate, I don't have any particular view or experience
about static noise (but ironically we're just about to get one of our
few thunderstorms of the year... better go and do something about that).

Just one other thing: PLEASE let's not talk about elements being
"grounded", way up there at the top of a tower.

How about "DC grounded"?

By all means; so long as we never forget to include the "DC" part.

--
73 from Ian GM3SEK 'In Practice' columnist for RadCom (RSGB)
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek