Old June 12th 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Default Noise level between two ant types

wrote:
You can a call me a liar if you like, but it doesn't change the facts.

Being ignorant doesn't make you a liar. The fact is that
many hams have experienced charged particle noise. Your
denial of such doesn't change the known facts.

The meaning of most of your posting escapes me so I will
just summarize my position.

When I lived in the Arizona, clear-sky wind-driven charged
dust particles transferred lots of energy to my bare-wire
G5RV. It caused arcing whether the outside braid was grounded
or not. It only happened when the wind was blowing and
the humidity was very low.

I'm not sure what your point of disagreement is so help
me out.

Do you agree that a charged particle will transfer energy
to the bare wire in a dipole when it touches it? If not,
why not?

If the antenna were link coupled, do you agree that the
above transferred energy will try to equalize between the
two dipole elements? If not, why not?

Do you agree that the equalizing of the charges between
elements would cause a current to flow through the link?
If not, why not?
--
73, Cecil
http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp