Old June 12th 06, 09:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark

Default 2 Meter QUAD - Balun / SWR question

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 19:17:44 GMT, "K. Hastings"
I think that the Quad, when tested inside the house had a great match across
the band from what I recall.

Hi Kevin,

You have just defined its environment.

This thing is fed with RG-8 and I purposely put a whole bunch of turns into
a 5" coil near the feed point, and ... it resets all the programmable thermostats clocks in the house
when I key up (interesting RFI huh?)

Do you find the hidden clue when all the excess verbiage is cleared
away?

A whole bunch of turns is not very specific except to indicate you
probably overdid it and negated any benefit you might have expected.
Would it help to say fewer turns on a smaller form?

That, however, is probably not what is responsible for the SWR. You
are going to have to tune the antenna in place AFTER you successfully
isolate the drive line.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC