Old June 12th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark

Default 2 Meter QUAD - Balun / SWR question

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 21:46:31 GMT, "Jerry Martes"
wrote:
Hi Richard

As you know, I have been getting good results with the high permeability
ferrite tubes for decoupling the coax feed line on my balanced antenna. I
bought a bunch of inexpensive ferrites that were intended for absorbing RFI,
from All Electronics. Would it be practical for Kevin, the orginal poster,
to get decent results with a few ferrites covering the coax where it
seperates from the boom??

Hi Jerry,

Sure, but you have the advantage of being able to measure the Z of
those ferrites. However, buying them rummage style and hoping they
will work does not always bring a satisfactory solution.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC