Old July 14th 03, 12:05 PM
laborkei

The Alinco DR-135T is close to what you are looking for without spending a
lot of $.
You can purchase a "Computer Mouse Size" GPS (Garmin GPS-35) with the 9pin
serial/cig cable
and make a short adapter and plug cleanly into the Alinco's data port.
I was looking for similar to your post a few months back, and this was the
best I could come up with.
I have the configuration information on my website, so look me up on QRZ.com

Good Luck..
Keith, K4KAL

"John" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

Does anyone make a box that is a transmitter, modem (TNC), and GPS
receiver? I'd like to be able to drop a single box in a car or boat
that I want to track. I would attach an antenna and a power-supply and
that would be it.

Does it exist?

If not, are there any websites with suggestions on how to set up a
simple APRS transmitter? I would think a bunch of people have spent
some time on this already.

Thanks!
John