Old June 13th 06, 08:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.swap
Michael Coslo

Default Have any of you mailed this to your ARRL Division directors andSM's yet?

Sal M. Onella wrote:
"Michael Coslo" wrote in message
Sal M. Onella wrote:

snip
I learn new tricks every day. Morse Code isn't one of them.

The real issue is probably that HF privileges are probably just not that
important to you.

snip

Thanks for explaining it so clearly. That just makes everything right.

Hey, no prob.

I don't use Morse code, probably never will, unless I get into keyboard
Morse.

But I did want the HF access, so I learned Morse code. It was that
important to me.

As for what is right, do you know that there are thousands, maybe
millions of people who can't pass the writtens? How is it right that we
have any testing at all when we discriminate against them?

It isn't an insult to anyone to say that HF access isn't important
enough to them that they will take the time and effort to learn Morse
code. Ham radio doesn't have to be important to anyone - it's a hobby.

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -