Old June 14th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
K3HVG

Default Need help on bc 344/ARR7

There's a Dzus fastener (1/4 turn) on the rear of the cabinet. That's
all that holds the slide-on case other then the fact that if they get
corroded, they are very hard to slide out of the case. Regarding the
receiver being an SX-28... more like the SX-32... maybe. Can't figure
why someone would rig a "Collins" connector out the side. I've seen the
Cannon plug on the front panel replaced with an Octal plug but that's
about all???? Curious.

w9jcm wrote:
Ok guys and gals I aquired a bunch of stuff but going with the first
one here the BC 344 low band reciever.. It got the AC plug and has all
tubes I am told this was working. Everything seems to be there. Am i
doing something wrong? I rigged up a ac cord plugged it in and
nothing..

Next up ARR7 military variant of the sx28. It has mods.. I cant get it
out of the box. but has a jones plug on the front and a old style i
guess you would call it collins type connector coming out the side.
Also a RCA jack on the side which i assume is for a sb -10 that i got
with it. What do i need to power this puppy?

I am a virgin on all this military gear.. had some grc 109s along time
ago but nothing like this.

Thanks