Old June 15th 06, 05:53 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Brian Hill

Default AOR 2800 mkIIB PC cable???

"Al Klein" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 21:23:59 -0500, "Brian Hill" wrote:

Yea there can't be more than $15 worth the materials in the darn things.
The
ones that the guy on Ebay is selling has a discriminator output

A 1/8" plug? Gee, that's got to raise the cost at least $0.25.

I was thinking that there might be some active circuitry in there. If
it's just 3 connectors and some cable I think you way overestimated
the cost - even if you just wanted to make 1 of them. Look at
http://www.mpja.com/ or any other junk shop.

I was looking on line some more
and one Co was charging somewhere around $170!!! wow! I hope it comes with
Vaseline

And someone to stand in for you. Holy royal reaming, Batman.

There is a small circuit in the plug. It makes up the level converter.

BH