Old June 15th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Good portable shortwave with gos speaker for world travel?

wrote:

Like some other folks, I'm partial to the Sony 7600G. As to
weather/dirt this is easily addressed by taking a few extra 1-gallon
size Zip-Loc (or equivalent non-brand name) freezer bags. Insert
radio, seal bag and you now have a weather/dirt resistant radio. Of
course, this is mostly for when the radio is not in use unless you do
not need the whip antenna.

Yeah I thought abt the zip lock body idea as well

However will not having any air at all hurt these
radios in anyway?