Old June 16th 06, 04:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Noise level between two ant types

Cecil Moore wrote:
Tom Donaly wrote:
Cecil, if you're too chicken to do the experiment, just say so,
I'll understand.

I did the experiment and posted how to do it.
Here it is again: Bring one end of a dipole down close
to the system ground rod. Charge up a capacitor to 12v.
Discharge the cap between the end of the dipole and
the ground rod. That pop you hear is NOT corona.
--
73, Cecil, http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Hmmm.

10uF capacitor charged to 12 volts = dust particle

How much charge can a dust particle hold as it moves through the air
Cecil? Does it eventually assume the potential of the air? Can I
substitute a dust particle for a 1pF capacitor? For a 10pF capacitor?
For ten farads?

Why would anyone tgink that proves anything?

On the other hand I've been a few feet away from antennas in an
undisturbed environment, and I've seen and heard the corna many times.