Old June 16th 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Default Noise level between two ant types

Tom Donaly wrote:
Anyway, you're still not addressing the real
issue: can you tell whether or not it's raining solely by
listening to the static noise on your antenna?

No, but in Queen Creek, AZ, I could look outside and not see
a cloud in sight. I could look at the weather radar and
see there wasn't a cloud over the entire state of Arizona.
I probably could be convinced that static electricity
during rain or snow was corona if I had not experienced
the clear-sky charged-particle effect in Arizona. I suspect
that neither you nor W8JI has ever experienced the clear-sky
charged-particle effect and therefore deny its existence.
I know better from my own personal experience as do others.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp