Old June 18th 06, 06:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Owen Duffy

Default Feedline impedance query

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 22:16:58 -0700, Richard Clark
wrote:

If the loss factor L is the loss in one length of the cable, won't the
loss in two parallel lengths be Plost=Pin/2*L+Pin/2*L, so Plost/Pin=L?

Hi Owen,

Hmm, each time I look at these equations, something is missing, but I
don't know what (probably because it is missing).

Devilishly clever technique that. I can't really help, I didn't see it
even after I pressed the send button!

Simply put, two lines in parallel lose as much power as one line.

Of course, we both assumed the lines operates with VSWR=1.

Nothing to be gained in that regard.

Pardon the pun!

Owen