Old June 18th 06, 07:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jimmie D

Default antenna coil forms

"rckchp" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings,

In the course of my occupation I have aquired a bunch of heavy
cardboard tubes. These are all 3-1/4" external diameter and approx 1/8
to 3/16" wall thickness. Before sending them to the cardboard recycling
dump I though of offering them to the antenna coil experimenters out
there. Some of them have what appears to be a plastic coating and would
likely be somewhat weather resistant, but even the plain ones could be
spray on plastic (or brushed on epoxy or poly resin?) coated. A list
how many available and the lengths follows (the plastic coated ones
identified with letter "P") :

(2) 32-3/4" P
(2) 24-1/2"
(3) 18-3/4" P
(4) 18-3/4"
(3) 16-1/2"
(6) 15" P
(5) 14-1/4"
(1) 12-3/4" P
(3) 12-1/4
(2) 10-1/2"

I'm offering these free, first come first served, but you pay the
postage, or you can pick them up if you're local. I think they can be
sent parcel post without any wrapping....I'll just stick a mailing
label on them and send them out. When it arrives just look at the
postage sticker and reimburse me that amount. Any takers? If so, email
me (off list) your name & mailing address.

72 & Regards,

Rich k2cpe
K2 #1102

Cardboard soaked in fiberglass resin makes an excellent coil form. It's
strong , waterproof and RF transparent. Even better it you put a little
glass on it.