Old June 18th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jimmie D

Default Looking for simple antenna solution

"Bob D." wrote in message
After years off the air, I'm ready to get back on. I want to keep it
simple though. I picked up a 6m/2m/440 Yaesu VX-7 HT at Dayton and I plan
to use it for both base and mobile. I want an antenna that covers these 3
bands that I can mount off the side of my 80 ft. tower. (Off the side,
because there is no way I can climb to the top anymore!) I'm not concerned
with the gain, I just want something better than the rubber duck. Any
product and mounting recommendations?

--
Bob D. ND9B

Find someone who can climb for you. There is usually a willing young ham
glad to do this sort of thing.