Old June 18th 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Fred McKenzie

Default Antennas and the FCC

In article , chuck
wrote:

Hey Jimbo,

Here's a link:

http://www2.arrl.org/news/rfsafety/exposure_regs.html
ARRLWeb: The FCC's New RF-Exposure Regulations

Chuck-

Thanks for the link. I went from there to the FCC's web site and
downloaded Bulletin 65 and its supplements, including the guide for local
government.

I followed another link and found a BASIC program called rfsafety.bas at
http://www2.arrl.org/news/rfsafety/rfsafety.bas by Wayne Overbeck, N6NB.
(In the Ham Radio supplement (B) to Bulletin 65, I found a reference to
the program written by Prof. Wayne Overbeck.)

Except for the first line of the program, it runs in Chipmunk BASIC on the
Macintosh. It may also run in Microsoft QBASIC, but I didn't try it. I
went ahead and ran all combinations I use, both mobile and at home.
Apparently you can absorb a little too much RF by standing next to a
mobile, unless you consider the duty cycle!

73, Fred, K4DII