Old July 20th 03, 04:51 PM
Robert Grizzard

VHFRadioBuff wrote:
The three or four line message at the bottom of a piece of email
or a Usenet article which identifies the sender. Large signatures
(over five lines) are generally frowned upon. See also:
Electronic Mail, Usenet."
rfc1983 "Internet Users' Glossary"

Umm.. 1983? I think that's a little outdated. Really should be updated after 20
years. That goes back to the days of 2400 baud modem when bandwidth was a
concern.

They are numbered sequentially, Andy. RFC1983 is dated August 1996. The
last one on the list, as of 201513Z July 2003, is RFC3573.

HTH
--
The appearance of my E-mail address in any venue does not in and of itself
constitute a solicitation of bulk or commercial E-mail.

I don't want unsolicited commercial E-mail.