Old June 19th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Buck

Default PVC for antenna construction ?

On 18 Jun 2006 12:29:52 -0400, (Al Dykes) wrote:

A friend is telling me that PVC has crappy electrical characteristics
and having my wire against it for the entire antenna not good.

Should I switch to something else ?

Your brain, not his.

Some PVC is better than others, but I use it often. I use cpvc or the
white pvc for antennas. The velocity factor is changed so the lengths
are a bit shorter, but once trimmed, the antennas do well. I either
use the PVC for insulators or for holding the wire rigid. I built
many a dipole inside PVC for vertical or horizontal use. I also use
it for insulators or spacers on open wire. Never had a problem with
it.

Good luck

i hope this helps
Buck