Old June 19th 06, 03:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Default Voltage vs. Current Balun - OCF Dipole

wrote:
But I was wondering what impact using a voltage balun (assuming I am
correct) has? What would be the effect of changing to a
current balun in this design? Does the OCF dipole require feeding with
balanced voltage as opposed to balanced current?

An OCF antenna is designed to be unbalanced. If you balance the
voltages, the currents will be unbalanced. If you balance the
currents, the voltages will be unbalanced. Unbalanced antennas
are unbalanced antennas. As Aristotle and Ayn Rand said: "A is A".
--
73, Cecil
http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp