Old June 18th 06, 11:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Travis Jordan

Default Looking for simple antenna solution

Bob D. wrote:
After years off the air, I'm ready to get back on. I want to keep it
simple though. I picked up a 6m/2m/440 Yaesu VX-7 HT at Dayton and I
plan to use it for both base and mobile. I want an antenna that
covers these 3 bands that I can mount off the side of my 80 ft.
tower. (Off the side, because there is no way I can climb to the top
anymore!) I'm not concerned with the gain, I just want something
better than the rubber duck. Any product and mounting recommendations?

Comet GP-15
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/383

Side mount
http://www.mgs4u.com/IDC-Technology-sidearms.htm