Old June 19th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
AB2RC

Default Copper tubing capacitors

On 2006-06-16, wrote:
fixed-tuned networks as my intent for this antenna is to be set up in
the middle of a field in the clear at the same height all the time, and
I want to have FAST bandswitching.

An autotuner really isn't in the cards financially, and needs power.

So, inductors are easy. I've got 500 feet of #10 copper wire.

I need capacitors. Preferably very very cheap ones, and I guess I need

You have 500' of wire -- why bother with any switching/matching networks?

Just cut dipoles for each band and feed them off of the same feedline.

--
Alex/AB2RC