Old June 19th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
an old freind

Default Elimination of CW is a loss in the number of ways we can communicatewith other.

gravity wrote:
"an old freind" wrote in message
oups.com...

and it isn't a matter f "deserving" alicense at all is about meeting
the legal mandaable requirement and now absent the treaty the code
fails to make the standards of law and the FCC knows even if you don't

dxAce
Michigan
USA

5 WPM is easy. esp if you use Farnsworth.

easy for you

not for me

I spent 5 years in my teens taking a test every couple of weeks towrds
the end. I did get so I might pass either the sending or receiving on a
given day but never both

guess from that data I suspect isf I had the time and schedule I could
mange to pass a receiving or better still a sending test in roughly a
year bt I don't my schedule leaves very busy eroids and very slow
eriods

but all this is beside the point
nothing in the treaty give the USA the requirement to make such a test
and nothing in the consitiotn reglates the matter so the power to use
hf specturm is resvresed byt eh 10th amend to the states or the people
themselves (para the constititon

unless the power to impose a code test can be shown to exist in other
section such preahps shwoing that it is "nessacary and proper" an
arguement that could have been made say when the miltary needed to warn
us of freqs they were suing in cw or some other argument, the FCC and
th congress lack the legeal power to maintain the test if challanged,
an expensive and unpleasent task

i think the code requirement should be 13 WPM plus for the upper classes.
keeps the riff raff out.

but it did not keep the riffraf out as the folks listeningt o 80 m have
known since long before the last change

Gravity