Old June 20th 06, 02:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
gravity

Default Elimination of CW is a loss in the number of ways we can communicatewith other.

"Dave" wrote in message
. ..
I'll top post again for brevity and getting to the point.

I like CW! It is most likely going away as a requirement. I'm sad at this.

Amateur radio will change as a result. Everything changes. Hopefully the

changes
will be positive.

i have an idea. get rid of the CW and triple the difficulty of the written
test. there is certain element of society, which needs to be kept out of
the HF spectrum.

Gravity

Dave wrote:

5 WPM is do-able! My 4 1/2 year granddaughter copies 5 wpm! Her 10 year
old brother, who learned it in Cub Scouts, taught her. And, she can't
even spell yet! But, she knows the alphabet from watching TV.

Some people have DIFFICULTY learning Morse Code, real difficulty!

MAJOR SNIPPING from here down.