Old July 22nd 03, 01:34 AM
STB

Forget UPS and their so-called "shipping agents." They've made it quite
clear their not interested in residential business. Then Mailboxes tacks on
20% more? What are we wearing, "KICK ME" signs on out backs?
Look into Federal Express GROUND. Its cheaper than UPS AND the post office
Parcel Post,packages are treated better, insurance is included and you'll
have the item in 3 days.

Vern Weiss W9STB
All boatanchors-All CW
"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"--Bill--" wrote in message
I have heard that the "Mailboxes" places mark up the UPS rates by about
20-25%. You can check the REAL rates online at their website. I hope
you didn't ask about the cost of packing or you'd just now be getting up
off the floor!

Pack it yourself and carry it to the Post Office or UPS.

-Bill

What Bill said... I have found that going to Mailboxes, Etc., or anything
like them, will cost right at twice what packing it yourself and driving

the post office costs. I live in Korea, and I have to use USPS to send or
receive all my parcels. I have sent items much heavier than what you

planned
to ship for only about $35 to the east coast (APO's are charged from San
Francisco). Pack it, weigh it, and check online at www.usps.com or
www.ups.com for actual shipping costs.