Old June 21st 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Robert11

Default To Mr. Klein From OP: For Anyone With The New Uniden 996 (null adapter question)

Hello:

Thank you very much for help.
Sure is a lot to know with this.

Are you "sure" that the rear connector, in addition to the GPS usage, isn't
also structured
for connecting to the PC, if desired rather than the front panel connector ?

My understanding was that you could use either, but if using the rear, a
null modem cable was probably required.

Not at all sure,though, and the book really doesn't describe this very well.
Any other thoughts on ?
-------

Can I ask you one other, pleae:

I downloaded the UASD software and got it installed with the Key, I believe
O.K.

But, there's now a Folder on my Desktop labeled BCSS.
I used all of their default locations, and didn't change any.

Where should this folder actually be located ?
When I put it where you suggest, should I just put the complete folder
there, or only the contents of it ?

Thanks again,
Bob

"Al Klein" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 14:06:30 -0400, "Robert11"
wrote:

If I use the 9-Pin 232 port on the rear to connect to my PC, do I
need a null adapter ? Again, this is the connector on the back of the
case.

The connector is for a GPS receiver, not a PC connection. The PC
connection is the little one on the front panel - the one the supplied
cable plugs into.