Old June 22nd 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Al Klein

Default To Mr. Klein From OP: For Anyone With The New Uniden 996 (null adapter question)

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:18:56 -0400, "Robert11"
wrote:

Thank you very much for help.
Sure is a lot to know with this.

Are you "sure" that the rear connector, in addition to the GPS usage, isn't
also structured
for connecting to the PC, if desired rather than the front panel connector ?

My understanding was that you could use either, but if using the rear, a
null modem cable was probably required.

A gender changer, definitely. A null modem, probably. But I see no
mention of using the rear port to connect to the computer.

Can I ask you one other, pleae:

I downloaded the UASD software and got it installed with the Key, I believe
O.K.

But, there's now a Folder on my Desktop labeled BCSS.
I used all of their default locations, and didn't change any.

Where should this folder actually be located ?
When I put it where you suggest, should I just put the complete folder
there, or only the contents of it ?

BCSS is where the installation program gets unzipped to. I doubt it's
even needed after you have the program running.