Old June 21st 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
N9NEO

Default DRAKE R7A SELLS FOR $2247 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been predicting to myself that the Japanese would soon try and
buy up old boatanchors on a large scale. I wonder if my prediction
will come true.

A HEMICUDA recently went for somewhere around 2,500,000 on Barrett
Jackson.

regards,
NEO

John S. wrote:
mike maghakian wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/DRAKE-R7A-SHORTW...temZ9740999363

The auction looks on the up and up to me. Nothing unusual about the
bidding and the seller has over five thousand all positive feedbacks.
The most I could say about this auction is that several bidders were
interested in a Drake HF radio and the high bidder won. I'm fairly
certain buyer and seller are happy and clearly the competitive auction
process worked pretty darned well.