Old June 22nd 06, 12:19 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Bill Crocker

Default For Anyone With The New Uniden 996 (null adapter question)

"Al Klein" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 14:06:30 -0400, "Robert11"
wrote:

If I use the 9-Pin 232 port on the rear to connect to my PC, do I
need a null adapter ? Again, this is the connector on the back of the
case.

The connector is for a GPS receiver, not a PC connection. The PC
connection is the little one on the front panel - the one the supplied
cable plugs into.

The connector on the back is not limited to GPS use. It is also used for
cloning one 996 to another.