Old June 22nd 06, 06:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Lisa Simpson

Default antenna switch?

I'm using an Eavesdropper "C" antenna, if that helps. I'll look into your
recommendation - thank you!

wrote in message
oups.com...

Lisa Simpson wrote:
Can anyone recommend an antenna switch that allows me to hook up 2 SW
receivers to 1 antenna? Maybe a switch is not what I mean, as I'd like

be able to receive on both receivers at the same time . . .

What you really want is a multicoupler.
http://www.macom.com/sigint/PDF/410.pdf
This would do nicely. ;-)

I think if you have an amplified antenna (wellbrook for instance), a
simple passive splitter is passable for much of what you monitor. Of
course, if the signal is weak, the splitter will add noise. For
instance, I couldn't see using one for say AFN.