Old June 23rd 06, 01:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default How to model a 6:1 ratio balun using NEC2

I actually had a Unadilla W2AU fail from that exact wire coming off
mine inside.
-Scott, WU2X

g. beat wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
I am using Nec Win Plus (NEC2) to view the SWR curve of my modeled
antenna. The actual antenna uses a 6:1 ratio balun. Is it incorrect
to just change the characteristic impedance of the line from 50 ohms to
300 ohms to see what effect a 6:1 balun would have on the SWR values? I
was just assuming that the line impedance was only really needed to
calcuate SWR - hopefully I am right.

Thanks,
Scott, WU2X

Inside a W2AU balun (1:1) - in case you were curious.
http://www.the-s38-guy.com/Page_78x.html

w9gb