Old June 23rd 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Default Noise level between two ant types

wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
But now let's allow signals to be introduced into the thread.
My dipole was arcing once per second at the coax connector.
I couldn't hear any signals. I estimate the signal to noise
ratio under those conditions to be zero. Would you disagree?

So now you are saying you were talking about arcs in connectors?
Talk about diversions!

Just to prove that you are fibbing, Tom, here is my posting
from two weeks ago in answer to one of your postings:
wrote:
Try this test, wire a small 2.5 MHh RF choke across your antenna and
check the before and after noise levels. They will not change.

That's exactly how I eliminated the noise and arcing on my
first bare-wire G5RV installed in Arizona.

How does it feel to be caught in a bold-faced lie?
--
73, Cecil, W5DXP