Old June 22nd 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D Peter Maus

Default antenna switch?

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
D Peter Maus wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
"Lisa Simpson" wrote:

Can anyone recommend an antenna switch that allows me to hook up 2 SW
receivers to 1 antenna? Maybe a switch is not what I mean, as I'd like
be able to receive on both receivers at the same time . . .
I looked around and nobody seems to make one.
Sure they do! They are called splitters or multicouplers.
I didn't see any inexpensive ones made for HF. Plenty of them at higher
frequencies or amplified units so who makes a simple unit for HF that is
a transformer or resistive coupled

Stridsberg, or ICE makes the couplers. Your choice of connector may
require mod, or adaptor.

http://www.stridsberg.com/prod01.htm

http://www.iceradioproducts.com/reco...ceive%20Signal

Well when someone says "Splitter" I think of a simple transformer or
resistive unit. The stridsberg are powered, amplified units. Amplified
units are better then the simple splitters unless you have signal power
to spare.

Each company makes both active and passive models. They're listed on
the same page each.

In fact, the Stridsberg passives actually use something similar to
the Mini Circuits transformers, if not the Mini Circuits transformers
themselves.

For a two port installation, passive will usually get you there. More
than that, and you're talking about a significant loss in level.

For as many receivers as I have, I use the actives. And I have units
from both companies.

Practically, there is little difference between them beyond the roll
off points.