Old June 22nd 06, 11:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default antenna switch?

Lisa Simpson wrote:
Can anyone recommend an antenna switch that allows me to hook up 2 SW
receivers to 1 antenna? Maybe a switch is not what I mean, as I'd like to
be able to receive on both receivers at the same time . . .

Try:http://www.dxing.info/equipment/rolling_your_own_bryant.dx

He links to tests he made of three commercial units.
I use the Mini Circuits ZFSC-2-1, they use BNC connectors which is what

all of my SW radios use. Adaptors can be found at your local Radio
Shack.

I have built 2 of the units he discribes for friends and they work very
well.

You may, or may not, be interested in digging through pasts posts by me

where I gave the real world results of using passive or non-amplifed
"splitters".

The slightly over 3dB of loss is trivial for most locations. I tried
many A/B tests,
with several different SW receivers, [R2000, R390, R392, R5000 DX398
and a
AOR7030] in several locations [at home, in the woods, by Cumberland
lake
and on top of a "mountain" flatened by strip mining]. The quiter the
location the
more difference ~3dB made, but I never found anywhere where it was the
deciding factor and could not find a signal that was "hearable" direct
and gone
through the splitter.

Terry