Old June 23rd 06, 01:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

Default DRAKE R7A SELLS FOR $2247 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Telamon wrote:
In article .com,
"John S." wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
dxAce wrote:

N9NEO wrote:

I have been predicting to myself that the Japanese would soon try and
buy up old boatanchors on a large scale. I wonder if my prediction
will come true.

They've been buying for years.

Why is this? Are the Japanese expecting an EMP event coming from a north
Korean missile?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

What would building a collection of radios have to do with an unlikely
event like an electro-magnetic pulse.

He said the Japanese were buying tube units not solid state and the tube
units withstand EMP better.

And resistance to the effects of electro-magnetic pulse is why the
Japanese have been buying shortwave radios?